Full instructions are included with each Tough Track unit.
Your new Tough Track Overwatch Tracker is suitable for competent DIY installation but please consult a qualified professional if you are unsure of any part of the process or operation of this device.
The unit requires only two connections to your vehicle; positive and negative power. These must be continuous live sources, not switched lives.
The unit is designed to work with 12v and 24v vehicles and is compatible with standard and “smart” alternators.
Choose a position to mount the tracker where the upper most surface of the tracker is facing the sky with minimal obstruction. The tracker is primarily designed to be mounted to the vehicle battery. Other mounting positions are possible but a qualified vehicle electrician should be consulted and the signal strength should be confirmed before permanently mounting.
- Clean the mounting surface with the supplied alcohol wipe.
- Remove the protective film from the adhesive pad and firmly press the device to the mounting surface.
- Connect the positive (red) wire to the positive feed of the vehicle battery.
- Connect the negative (black) wire to the negative feed of the vehicle battery.
- Confirm unit operation by observing two blinking green LED’s on the uppermost surface of the device.